Hi guys! I have started a new job and as such my baking time has shrunk a bit, but fear not. I have lots of cookie recipes on their way starting with gingerbread!
Cream together the shortening and the sugar.
Add the molasses and the water and blend together.
In a seperate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Gluten Free Flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, allspice, ginger and nutmeg. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients.
Add all the flour until the dough holds together and is no longer sticky.
When the dough is ready, it will look like this.
Cover the dough with some stretch wrap and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Roll the dough out 1/4″ thick and cut out in the shapes you like.
Decorate with frosting, or royal icing like these cuties and enjoy!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 30 minsCook Time 10 mins Servings 24 Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups King Arthur GF Measure for Measure Flour
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp Allspice
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place the GF flour, ginger, salt, baking soda, allspice, nutmet and xanthan gum in a bowl and use a whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Cream together the sugar and the shortening.
- Add the molasses and the water and blend together. The mixture will look curdled in a way, but thats OK!
- Pour the entire bowl of flour into the molasses mixture and blend until the dough easily holds together and is no longer sticky.
- Chill the dough for about 20 minutes, then roll out 1/4″ thick and cut out in your favorite shapes.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool on a baking rack.
- Decorate with your favorite icing and enjoy!