The other night I was talking with my girlfriends about this easy side dish that tastes fantastic and thought I should share with you guys. Honestly I eat this as a meal it is so good and filling. Naturally gluten free, this grouping of veggies roasts up great and could not be easier to prepare. This is a wicked quick recipe to prepare and you will love it.
Toss the following into a bowl:
1 butternut squash cut into chunks, (or use the precut butternut squash fries)
1-1.5 lbs of brussels sprouts washed and cut in half
1 package of raw bacon cut into small pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
Spread the veggies and bacon out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 30-40 minutes on 425 degrees. Flip over once during cooking.
The end result is a great naturally gluten free side dish full of flavor!
GF Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Butternut Squash
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 10 minsCook Time 40 mins Servings 8
- 1 Butternut Squash Diced into cubes
- 1-2 lbs Brussels Sprouts Wash and cut in half
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 package Raw Bacon Diced into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place the veggies, olive oil and bacon into a bowl and toss to coat them with the olive oil.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment and lay the veggies/bacon out in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through and have a little crisp to them. ** Turn once during cooking.