If you are from New England, then you love a good whoopie pie. Those cakey cookies stuffed with some kind of frosting are just delicious.
Making these gluten free could not be easier with this easy hack using a gluten free cake mix.
I have this GF Funfetti cake mix that I want to turn into some whoopie pies.
Basically, you follow the whole egg recipe, but you use 2/3 cup of water instead of the whole cup.
The batter will be thicker than a normal cake batter which is what you want.
Scoop out with a small scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Cook the whoopies for 10-12 minutes and they will be golden brown on the bottom. Place on a cooling rack to cool down.
While the gluten free whoopies are cooling it is time to make the filling.
We start by using unsalted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla and blend them all together.
Next we add the marshmallow fluff! Fluff is gluten free!
This marshmallow yumness gives the filling a delicious taste and a great texture which is perfect for gluten free whoopie pies.
Once fully blended the filling will look like this.
Use a pastry bag and fill with the filling.
Place some filling on one side of the whoopie pie, then top with the other cake piece.
Gluten Free Whoopie Pie Cake Box Hack
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Servings 12 Whoopie Pies
- 1 GF Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box for the whole egg recipe, but reduce the water by about 1/3 if the recipe calls for 3 eggs, and reduce by 1/2 if the cake mix recipe calls for 2 eggs.
- Scoop out the batter with a small scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the whoopie pies are cooking prepare the filling by combining the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer.
- Add the fluff into the butter and powdered sugar mixture and blend until smooth.
- Frost one side of the whoopie pie and press together gently with the other side of the whoopie pie and they are ready for eating!