I recently posted about my favorite gluten free breadcrumb substitute, and this recipe is how you can use it in action to make some yummy Gluten Free meatballs!
Who doesn’t love a good meatball? Being gluten free doesn’t mean you can’t have one of the best comfort foods! This easy recipe will show you how to make a delicious gluten free meatball.
To make these yummy gluten free meatballs, toss all the ingredients, except for the Rice Chex into a mixing bowl.
Next, smash your Rice Chex and pour the smashed Rice Chex into the mixing bowl with your other ingredients.
- Smashed Rice Chex
- All Ingredients
Use your hands to mix everything together.
Next, use a scoop or your hands to form your gluten free meatballs.
Bake on 375°, or pan fry.
When the GF meatballs are cooked through, toss them in some sauce and simmer for 1 hour so the meatballs have enough time to soak up the flavor of the sauce.
Gluten Free Meatballs
www.myeasyglutenfreelife.comEasy recipe for Gluten Free Meatballs. Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 15 minsCook Time 45 mins
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 cup Rice Chex Cereal (measure whole Rice Chex, not smashed)
- Add all ingredients except for the Rice Chex into a mixing bowl.
- Measure out 1 cup of Rice Chex Cereal and pour it into a zip lock bag.
- Use a rolling pin and roll over the Rice Chex to smash it up.
- Pour the smashed Rice Chex into the mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, blend all the ingredients together.
- Use a scoop or your hands to form the meatballs.
- Bake on 375° for 35-45 minutes, or pan fry until they are cooked through.
- Toss the cooked meatballs into your favorite sauce, and allow them to simmer for about an hour so they meatballs suck up the flavor of the sauce.
The key to a good meatball is the consistency of the meatball. Nobody wants a meatball to fall apart on them. If your meatballs are a little loose, add a little more Rice Chex.Season the meatballs as you like, not everyone has the same tastes so season to your taste. The Rice Chex will blend into the spices you like.