If you’re looking for a delicious and easy gluten-free meal, look no further than this country fried steak recipe. This classic dish has been modified to be gluten-free, making it the perfect choice for anyone with a gluten intolerance. Whether you’re serving this dish for dinner or for a special occasion, you’re sure to impress your guests with its delicious flavor and crispy texture.
As a trusted gluten-free food blogger, I’ve tested this recipe multiple times and my family absolutely loves it. They would never guess that it’s gluten-free! Here’s how to make it:
- 6 Cube Steaks
- 2 cups Buttermilk (or use whole milk and 1 egg)
- 4 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour
- Vegetable Oil (enough to fill the pan you are using halfway)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, pour the buttermilk.
- In another bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together. Use a whisk to blend the ingredients.
- Dip each cube steak into the gluten-free flour mixture and set aside.
- Dip the floured steaks into the buttermilk and then back into the gluten-free flour mixture. Make sure both sides are fully coated and the steak is no longer wet.
- Heat the vegetable oil to approximately 300°F.
- Cook each steak for 3-4 minutes per side until the steaks become a nice golden brown.
- Drain the steaks on a baking rack or strainer for a few minutes to remove any excess oil.
- If you’re cooking multiple steaks, place them in a warm oven until you’re finished cooking.
- Serve with cream or sausage gravy and enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 6 steaks
With this delicious gluten-free country fried steak recipe, you can enjoy a classic dish without sacrificing flavor or texture. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just want to treat yourself to a hearty meal, this recipe is sure to satisfy. So why wait? Start cooking now and enjoy!