This gluten free cookie recipe creates a soft chewy chocolate chip cookie that is better than any cookie with gluten out there.
My daughter wanted some M&M’s in the cookies and as M&M’s are gluten free they worked for this recipe.
This recipe is based off of the classic Toll House cookie recipe, but obviously has been modified for gluten free baking.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and place your cookie sheet in the oven to warm up while you prepare your cookies.
Cream together your margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix together.
After adding the eggs your mixture will look like this.
In a separate bowl, combine your flour, salt, baking soda and xanthan gum.
Add the flour mixture to your wet ingredients. I find it easier to switch to a wooden spoon at this point to mix it all up as the batter starts to get thick.
Your gluten free cookie dough is just about done. Now it is time to add your chocolate chips.
* At Christmas time I make this with white chocolate chips, pistachios and dried cherries and we call them Christmas Chip cookies.
Add your chocolate into your dough and blend together to they are evenly distributed.
Scoop out your dough using a small scoop or two spoons to make evenly sized cookies.
Bake about 10 minutes and you will have a yummy gluten free chocolate chip cookie.
Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 15 minsCook Time 10 mins Servings 30 cookies
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 sticks Margarine I use a brand called Imperial that is GF
- 2 cups King Arthur GF Measure for Measure Flour
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 cups Chocolate Chips / M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 375° and place your cookie sheet in the oven to warm up.
- Place the GF flour, xanthan gum, salt and baking soda into a small bowl and blend together.
- Cream together the margarine with the brown and white sugar.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and blend together.
- Add the flour and use a wooden spoon to combine the flour with the sugar and egg mixture.
- Add the chocolate and work to evenly distribute the chocolate into the dough.
- Scoop out the dough in even sided batches and place on the warmed up cookie sheet.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack when the cookies are golden brown.