One of the things I like to do with my cooking is to look through my freezer and my cabinets for ingredients and decide what to make with the ingredients I find. Freezer diving is often a great place to find something you forgot about and if you do this regularly you can use these items before they get freezer burned.
Recently I took a gander through my freezer and found my hoard of blueberries. I go blueberry picking every year and pick so many that I freeze them for my baking year round. My little sister makes these lemon blueberry donuts, and that inspired me to make a gluten free lemon blueberry cookie, and since its a cookie I added some white chocolate chips for some extra sweetness. These cookies are not overly lemony, so don’t worry if you aren’t a super lemon fan.
This recipe is similar to my chocolate chip cookie recipe, but with a few tweaks.
Cream together the margarine, sugar and brown sugar.
Add the eggs and the lemon juice and blend together.
Add 2 cups of the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt and blend together.
Take the remaining 1/3 cup of gluten free flour, and place it in a bowl with the blueberries.
I like to use frozen blueberries, but fresh are fine to use too.
Coat the blueberries with the flour, there will be extra flour left in the bowl, but we will use all of it in the cookies.
Add the white chocolate chips, and the berries to the cookie batter and fold together.
The dough is ready for cooking. Lots of yumminess in there!
Scoop out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a minute, then place them on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
www.myeasyglutenfreelife.com Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 20 minsCook Time 15 mins Servings 3 dozen
- 2 1/3 Cups King Arthur GF Measure for Measure Flour
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1 TSP Xanthan Gum
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 2 Sticks GF Margarine
- 1 12 oz Bag Toll House Premier White Morsels These are GF!
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Cream together the margarine, brown sugar and the white sugar.
- Add the eggs, and the lemon juice.
- Add 2 cups of the GF flour, salt, baking soda and the xanthan gum to the wet ingredients.
- Place the remaining 1/3 cup of GF flour in a bowl with the blueberries.
- Coat the blueberries with the GF flour.
- Add the blueberries (with the GF Flour), and the white chocolate chips into the batter.
- Mix together and the batter is ready.
- Scoop the batter out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
This recipe should convert for a wheat flour just fine. You may just need a little more flour. The blueberries are very wet, so more flour is needed than a non blueberry cookie anyways.