As I was cleaning my counter I found a few old looking bananas under a bag of potatoes and thought “Banana Bread!”
This gluten free banana bread recipe uses brown sugar and has extra cinnamon in the batter which gives this bread a bananas foster flavor.
This recipe is very easy to make and tastes delicious. What more could you want?
Here we have some old brown bananas. These will be perfect for this gluten free banana bread.
Place the bananas, oil, vanilla, eggs, and brown sugar into a mixing bowl. Blend together using a hand mixer.
Combine the GF Flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum in a separate bowl.
Pour the dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
Once the batter is fully blended together it will look like this.
Pour the batter into a greased 9″ X 5″ loaf pan. Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the top of the batter.
Bake on 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes then enjoy!
Gluten Free Banana Bread
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 15 minsCook Time 1 hr
- 4 Over ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur GF Measure for Measure Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1` tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the bananas, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs and oil into a bowl and blend together with a hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients. GF flour, xanthan gum, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl with the bananas and mix until the flour is totally incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 X 5 loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the banana bread with white sugar.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.