Fall is in the air! My dog thus far does not approve of the change in weather but I love the fall weather and especially fall food.
Apple pie is a fall staple. Sadly I hadn’t eaten an apple pie in years because I couldn’t find a good gluten free pie crust but thankfully have perfected my gluten free pie crust and I can eat all the pie I want!
The pie crust recipe is located here: Gluten Free Pie Crust.
This is very easy and for my friends that eat gluten, use the same recipe below for your apple pie filling but use standard flour instead of the gluten free flour.
First thing we want to do is mix together our gluten free flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
Next, we will add our chopped apples to the flour mixture and toss them to coat.
** Expert tip ** This recipe calls for 6 apples for a 9″ pie. Use different varieties of apples. See how we have different varieties? They provide different textures when they cook making this pie DA BOMB!
After tossing the apples in the gluten free flour mixture you will have a delicious smelling pile of apples that look like this.
Place your bottom pie crust in your pie plate and trim the edges.
Next dump out your bowl of apples into your pie crust. There will be extra flour, just toss it in.
Dot the pie with small, cold chopped up butter chunks.
Cover that pie up with your top crust, and seal the edges.
I like to fold the top crust around the bottom crust to seal it. Then I usually keep it pretty basic by putting some vents in the pie crust.
Coat with an egg wash, and if you like sprinkle with some sugar.
Bake on 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then take out and wrap the edges of the pie with foil to prevent the edges from over browning.
Place back in the oven on 375 degrees for another 40 minutes.
Here is my beautiful gluten free apple pie. The crust was flaky, and the apples were so cinnamony and delicious! YUM!
If you are feeling creative, toss some blueberries into your pie. A blueberry apple pie is amazing!
Gluten Free Apple Pie
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 35 minsCook Time 55 mins Servings 8 Slices
- 6 Apples Use different varieties of apples.
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur GF Measure for Measure Flour
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Cold Butter
- 2 Gluten Free Pie Crusts https://myeasyglutenfreelife.com/easy-gluten-free-pie-crust/
- Place the gluten free flour, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a bowl and blend together.
- Peel and slice the apples and toss them in the gluten free flour mixture.
- Place one of the pie crusts in the bottom of your pie plate and trim the edges.
- Place the apples in the pie plate and top with the top crust.
- Seal the top and bottom pie crusts by folding the top crust under the bottom crust.
- Cut some vents into the pie crust.
- Cook for 15 minutes on 425°, then remove the pie and wrap the edges with foil and cook for an additional 40 minutes on a 375° oven.