Recently fall arrived and all kinds of people were posting on facebook about apple cider donuts and they looked delicious. The gluten challenged can’t just run out and find some gluten free apple cider donuts, but we can make them and they are super easy.
These gluten free cider donuts are baked and taste fantastic. I just ate one for breakfast, and another for snack!
Place the softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl and blend together with your hand mixer.
Add the cider and blend together.
In a separate bowl combine the gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Add the gluten free flour mixture to the wet ingredients slowly. Alternate between the flour and the milk and blend until it is all mixed together.
When all mixed together you will have a thick batter like this.
Pipe the dough into your donut pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 14 minutes.
Look how cute these babies are! Let them cool for a few minutes, then it is time to dip in the butter and cinnamon sugar.
I like to use a paper bowl for the melted butter because it makes such a mess and I get to toss it in the trash!
Coat both sides of the donut with the butter, then dip in the cinnamon sugar.
And there you have it. Some delicious gluten free apple cider donuts!
Gluten Free Baked Apple Cider Donuts
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 15 minsCook Time 14 mins Servings 12 donuts
- 2 donut pans
Gluten Free Cider Donuts
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 cup King Arthur GF Measure for Measure Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Softened butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 stick Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place the softened butter, vanilla, egg, brown sugar, and white sugar into a mixing bowl and blend together.
- Add the apple cider to the sugar mixture and blend together.
- Slowly add the flour to the cider mixture and alternate with the milk.
- When fully blended, you will have a thick batter. Scoop into a pastry bag and pipe into greased donut pans.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Allow the donuts to cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
- Melt the stick of butter.
- In a separate bowl place the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip the donuts on both sides in the butter, then dip into the cinnamon sugar.