I love my garden and a big part of what I love about growing my vegetables is using them in my cooking. A few years ago I had so many zucchinis I didn’t know what I could do with all of them and my niece suggested that I make zucchini bread. I had never heard of such a thing, but I tried it anyways and it was so delicious.
The best part is that it is a sweet bread that has a vegetable in it. My son who is anti vegetables loves this bread and it is the only time he is excited about a vegetable.
I have modified the recipe she gave me to be gluten free and tweaked it to be more to our tastes where we added extra cinnamon and vanilla. This is a nice, sweet, moist gluten free bread. I have also made this into muffins and those are equally delicious.
* I know a lot of my friends who like gluten love this zucchini bread and would want to make it themselves. To convert it over to wheat flour, just add 1/4 cup more flour to the recipe and omit the xanthan gum and it should work fine.
Place all dry ingredients (GF Flour, cinnamon, xanthan gum, baking soda, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl and use a whisk or spoon to blend together.
Shred two small zucchini’s and place them into a bowl.
Add the oil, egg and vanilla to the shredded zucchini.
Pour all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and using a rubber spatula combine together.
The batter for this gluten free zucchini bread will look like this, very thick, but well combined.
Spread the batter out evenly in your loaf pan.
After 55-60 minutes baking you will have a nice and browned gluten free zucchini bread.
Easy Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
www.myeasyglutenfreelife.comAn easy, moist and sweet gluten free zucchini bread. Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 10 minsCook Time 1 hr Servings 10 slices
- 1 1/4 cups King Arthur GF Measure for Measure Flour
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 Small Zucchini’s or 1 large
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Heat oven to 375° and grease your loaf pan. 8X4 loaf pan works well.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and blend together with a whisk. Cinnamon, GF Flour, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Sugar and Baking Soda.
- Coarsely shred the Zucchini and place into a bowl.
- Add the Eggs, Oil, and Vanilla to the Zucchini.
- Pour the Zucchini mixture into the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to combine.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and smooth out so its flat.
- Cook for 55-60 minutes.