Full disclosure, this recipe is my dad’s and it is delicious. Chili was an easy switch as most of the ingredients are already gluten free and the only change that was needed was the brand of the canned items.
This chili recipe is so easy and is mainly throwing things into a pot and having something delicious come out.
Coarsely chop up the peppers and the onion. This works out to roughly 2 cups of onion and 2 cups of pepper.
Add the ground beef and the pepper and onion into a large pot and cook until the meat is fully cooked.
Fully cooked, the meat and the peppers and onions will look like this.
Next, add the beans, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Cook together for 10 minutes.
While the chili is cooking, prepare your spices. Garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, cumin and chili powder.
Add the massive pile of spices to the pot and blend in well.
Now add the tomato paste. Use a fork to chop the tomato paste into the chili. You are making chili not soup and it should be nice and thick!
Finally, add the secret ingredient. Brown sugar! The brown sugar takes some of the bitterness out of the chili powder and gives a sweet taste to the chili to offset the spice.
The final product! YUM!
Easy Gluten Free Chili
www.myeasyglutenfreelife.comEasy Chili Recipe calling out safe gluten free ingredients.5 from 1 vote Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 15 minsCook Time 25 mins Servings 8
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 1 Large Green Pepper
- 1 Large Red Pepper
- 1 14.5 oz can Hunt’s Tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can Hunt’s Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 12 oz can Hunt’s Tomato paste
- 2 14.5 oz cans Goya Pinto Beans
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 cup Domino Brown Sugar
- Coarsely chop the Onion and the Peppers.
- Add the ground beef and the coarsely chopped pepper and onion into a large pot.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes until the beef is fully cooked.
- Next, add the beans, canned tomatoes and tomato sauce, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- While the chili is cooking, prepare the spices. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, paprika, chili powder into a small bowl.
- Pour the spices into the pot and stir to blend in. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste using a fork to cut it into the sauce. You can use as much or as little as you like.
- When the chili is the consistency you like add the brown sugar.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and the chili is ready for eating.