I don’t know about you, but I love a working out at home. I don’t have to stress about gym opening hours, or who to leave my son with while I go work out. I also don’t have to worry about how ridiculous I look or how much I’m sweating all over the place! A home gym is a blessing for busy mums! If you make the decision of having your daily workout at home, all you need to do is invest in a few pieces of equipment and you’re good to go. Thinking about the money you will spend on your equipment versus paying a monthly gym membership, you’re saving money in the long run!
Here is a list of the top 10 workout equipment you will need for a home gym:
- Dumbbells – These are a must have for your home gym. Dumbbells are the most versatile piece of equipment you can own, and they give that added weight for a more intense workout.
- Resistance Bands – These are perfect if you travel a lot or have limited space in your home gym. Resistance bands are very versatile, you can work out your whole body, adding variety and intensity to your exercise routine.
- Kettlebells – These are also a must have if you want to make the most of your workout routine. If you want to burn A LOT of calories quickly with an effective workout, I suggest buying kettlebells. It is best to start out with a 12-18 pound kettlebell at first, and then building up your strength from there.
- Stability Ball – This is the best piece equipment for working out your abs! It’s also great for stability and balance, and they can make your workout more challenging.
- BOSU Balance Trainer – This can be used to add intensity to you cardio workout and lower body workouts, while also increasing your balance. Flip it over and it can be used to strengthen your core while working on your upper body. All in all, it’s an amazing piece of equipment to have!
- Jump Rope – Jumping rope is a mega calorie burning workout! You can burn 100 calories in as little as 10 minutes! I suggest either a speed rope (much smoother with each jump), or a weighted jump rope (for a more intense workout).
- Aerobics Step – This provides an extra challenge to your leg workouts and is also versatile. The high step can be used for aerobics, and as a bench for tricep dips and even pushups.
- TRX Suspension Trainer – If you want a fun and intense workout, you need to get one of these! The TRX Suspension Trainer is the perfect addition to any fitness lover!
- Foam Roller – I absolutely LOVE this! Once you get used to the feeling of it, I’m sure you will too! It breaks up the knots in your muscles. It helps maintain healthy muscles, and allows for increased strength and mobility.
- Yoga Mat – This is a must if you’re working out at home (or even outside). If you’re going to get sweaty (and who doesn’t during a workout?) it’s best to get a good non slip mat. It’s better to get a yoga mat that’s a bit expensive then having to change a cheap one every few months.And if that wasn’t enough, here are 5 more things that will make your workout even better!
- A water bottle to keep you nice and hydrated during your workout.
- A towel to wipe away your sparkles (cos we don’t sweat!)
- A health & fitness weekly checklist to keep you on track
- An inspirational quote to keep you motivated
- A fitness tracker to, well, track your fitness!
If you want a free printable inspirational quote, send me an email at email@example.com with your preferred quote and design!
Don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss out on something you might love!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may make a small commission if you click through one of the post links to make a purchase, but you will not pay any extra for that purchase.