First of all, I am NOT a morning person! So I will not write how I wake up so refreshed and ready for a good workout. That would be a HUGE lie! I tend to drag myself out of bed in the morning.. But once I’m up I’m ready for anything (not anything, but you get what I mean).
I wake up before my son so the house is still quiet and I can have the living room to myself, to stretch, or kick, or whatever my workout requires me to do! I splash some water on my face (or slap myself, depending how zombified I still am!), drink a glass of water and prepare myself for some sweatin’. Now instead of a glass of water, you might choose to have a cup of coffee (I for one don’t drink coffee *gasp*), which can help you burn more calories when your workout is done. Win win!
Before I share my workout plans with you guys, let me tell you some pros of working out in the morning.
Like I said, I’m more of an evening gal myself, but I prefer doing my workout in the morning for the following reasons:
- You start the day on a positive note! And after a good work out you might actually want to eat healthy!
- You can’t really have an excuse for not working out if you do it first thing in the morning (except for plainly not wanting to get out of bed, but if I can do it, anyone can!). If you plan on working out in the afternoon, a work meeting might come up. If you work out in the evening, ohhh your bestie is having a get together, can’t work out today!
- You’ll feel so empowered throughout the day!
- Studies suggest that you can burn up to 20 percent more body fat by exercising in the morning before your first meal. Don’t forget to eat breakfast afterwards though!
- You burn more calories throughout the day when you do a morning workout than you would if you did an evening workout at a similar intensity.
I hope I convinced you.. Maybe you’re grabbing your phone, setting the alarm for an hour earlier for tomorrow..
Anyway. let’s begin shall we?
My absolute favourite workout videos are the ones from POPSUGAR Fitness! They have workouts ranging from just 5 minutes up to 45 minutes, and they’re always so much fun! Depending on the intensity of the workout I do, I also sometimes add another workout shown below.
It’s also a good idea to get some equipment for your home gym. You don’t have to go all out, you can just get the basics! Check out this post to get an idea of what how should be equipping your home gym.